With March halfway over, clocks sprung an hour ahead, and the weather starting to warm up after what has been a relatively mild winter, the season of spring cleaning is nearly upon us.
While I have been focused on my organizing bedroom (because I moved over a year ago and still haven’t sorted out my closet) and The Hollow, another area I’ve been tackling is the blog.
WordPress allows its users to establish categories for their posts. This is a feature I haven’t been making much use of up until now, in part because the layout I chose back in the early days of setting up the site was not too heavily focused on it.
However, as you might have already seen, I’ve done some reorganizing and rearranging lately and wanted to share a little bit about the changes I’ve made.
If you browse through the navigation bar, you’ll find a few new items in the menu, detailed below.
Writing Tips And Tricks
These posts are dedicated to my writing process including writing and editing.
- Getting The Facts Straight | Research Advice For Writers
- Proof of Progress | My Personal Editing Process
- Organizing Your Oeuvre | A Quick Guide To Compiling A Series Bible
- Putting It All In Perspective | First-Person POV
Inspired by the Twitter hashtag of the same name, these are posts that are not exactly related to my writing process but have given me a new perspective on the subject or have influenced my journey.
- Take Your Sweet Time | What I Learned From A Jesse McCartney Concert
- Welcome to The Hollow | A Glimpse Inside My New Writing Room
- Reading Like A Writer | What Has Changed About My Reading Habits
Since starting this blog, I make a point to not only share my yearly goals but write a check-in post about midway through the year to not only share my progress but show how I am adjusting them should I need to. I do this not only to hold myself accountable but to give a behind-the-scenes look at the process of writing and eventually publishing a novel.
As the name suggests, this will lead you to the opinion pieces I’ve written.
- It All Comes Down To This | How Telltale’s “The Walking Dead” Failed In Its Final Moments
- We Need To Talk About Realistic Writing Goals | Opinion
- A Time And A Place | My View On Automated Advertisements
This is where you’ll find the posts with some of the most views to date.
- Reading Twilight For The First Time | A Chronicle of Thoughts
- The Language Of Love | How Understanding Different Love Languages Can Help You Write Romance
- An Airing of A Glee-vance | Opinion
These posts might not be among the most popular, but they are ones that I am most proud of or topics I just genuinely enjoyed writing about.
- Murder She Wrote | My First Stab At Writing A Murder Mystery Dinner
- A Barbie Girl In A Writer’s World | A Handful Of Things I Have Learned About Writing Through Barbie’s Vlog Series
- An Author and Her Irish Friend | The Fascinating Flirtation of Jane Austen and Tom Lefroy
That’s all that’s really changed around these parts for the moment, but I’ll let you know if anything else does.